The staff of Wiccanfest do not wish to curtail your enjoyment. Please remember that these rules have been put in place for your safety, the safety of the festival site and for the general enjoyment of all. Those who do not respect the rules of the festival will be asked to leave!
Important: It is also vital that those planning on attending this years festival understand that no one is permitted on the festival grounds prior to 3 p.m. on the first day of the festival. The site is hosting another event before ours. Please make your travel arrangements accordingly or take advantage of the local restaurants and shops until then.
- Please note that EVERYONE attending the festival will be expected to take ALL their garbage and recyclables home with them. Thank you for your consideration and understanding.
- All laws of Canada and the Province Of Ontario apply to those visiting the festival.
- It is not permitted to dig or create any additional fire pits or to collect ANY living vegetation for firewood. Please use the wood provided by the festival for cooking and camping purposes.
- Parents are responsible for their children at all times. Parents who do not, in the opinion of the festival Directors, exercise good parental care of their children will be asked to leave.
- No child under age 12 may be left unattended near ANY body of water on the site. Children may utilize the beach, but MUST be supervised by an adult. If the swimming pool is open, anyone aged 16 and under must be accompanied by a supervising adult who can swim. The pool is not supervised and swimmers swim at their own risks.
- No sexually aggressive or inappropriate behaviour will be tolerated on the site.
- You are not permitted to wander through the site at large while skyclad.
- Except at the discretion of the Festival Staff, no electrically amplified musical instruments may be used on the site.
- Except at the discretion of the directors, Visual and audio recordings are not permitted on site and will be confiscated. Unauthorised use may also lead to sanctions including expulsion. It is also against the festival rules to photograph anyone without their prior consent; this includes Rituals and group shots.
- There shall be NO washing of any kind, including hair, bodies, clothing etc, in the River. There are showers and sinks provided for this purpose.
- At least one parent or legal guardian MUST accompany any minor attending the festival.
- Anyone creating a hazard to the site or creating a situation that could have a potentially hazardous outcome will be asked to leave.
- Smoking is strictly forbidden in all cabins and in the dining hall. It is permitted to smoke elsewhere on the site provided you dispose of your cigarette butts in an environmentally friendly way. (Use the Butt Cans provided).
- Absolutely NO pets are permitted on the site. (Seeing Eye dogs accepted). Please make arrangements with the local kennel if necessary:
Kyon Complete Boarding RR 4,
Shelburne, Ontario (519) 925-6114
Or try The Royal Pets Hotel in Newmarket.
- The Earth is our mother. Please do not litter anywhere on the site. If you see litter, pick it up. Thank you!
- Thou shall conduct thyself with self-respect and respect for others.